Applied Microeconomics, Workshop 2015-2016
Meetings take place on Monday,14:15-15:30 ,Berglas Building, room 101
Workshop Organizers: Analia Schlosser
Federico Ciliberto, University of Virginia
• Market Structure and Competition in Airline Markets
joint with Elie Tamer (Harvard) and Charles Murray (Penn State).
Avi Ebenstein,Hebrew University
• The Long Run Economic Consequences of High-Stakes Examinations: Evidence from Transitory Variation in Pollution
joint with Victor Lavy (Hebrew University)
Alma Cohen,Tel Aviv University
• Affirmative Action and Stereotype Threat
joint with Anat Bracha (Boston Fed)
Jonathan Dingel ,University of Chicago
• Spatial and Social Frictions in the City: Evidence from Yelp
joint with Don Davis (Columbia), Joan Monras (SciencesPo), and Eduardo Morales (Princeton University)
Yannay Spitzer,Hebrew University
• Migrant Self-Selection: Anthropometric Evidence from the Mass Migration of Italians to the United States,1907–1925
Ram Fishman,Tel Aviv University
• Do Agricultural Modernization Programs in Developing Countries have Sustainable Impacts? Evidence from a Randomized Phase-out of the BRAC Program in Uganda.
joint with Stephen C. Smith, Vida Bobic and Sulaiman Munshi
• Spatial Expansion of Financial Service Providers and Optimal Contract Design (joint work with Victor Zhorin)
Joint with the Departmental Seminar >>
Tom Vogl, Princeton University
• "Growth and Childbearing” (with Shoumitro Chatterjee)
• Political Lobbying in a Recurring Environment
Joshua Sherman , University of Vienna
• "Bargaining at Retail Stores: Evidence from Vienna"
Ofer Malamud, University of Chicago
• Interactions between Family and School Environments: Evidence on Dynamic Complementarities?
Oren Danieli, Harvard University
• Productivity and Selection of Human Capital with Machine Learning
(joint with Aaron Chalfin, Andrew Hillis, Zubin Jelveh, Michael Luca, Jens Ludwig, And Sendhil Mullainathan)